As the concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic have affected us all, lenders have also been affected and are taking additional precautions for everyone's well being.
1) Lenders are allowing for exterior only appraisals or field appraisals(desktop valuations only) on a case by case basis.
2) Lenders are not penalizing if a mortgage was in forbearance during COVID-19 as long as loan is current.
3) Lenders will verify employment day of funding.
4) Lenders will need an explanation if a furlough shows on work history(pretty obvious to me).
5) Lenders reserve the right to require additional documents/requirements from certain borrowers (i.e. self employed or deemed high risk occupations).